Saturday, September 27, 2008

1st Presidential Debate

I don't know that much about the history of either of the presidential candidates, and I'm not going to pretend I do. Hearing the stand points of each of the candidates in immediate opposition in a debate is really helpful for me. I tried to think about the debate objectively like you suggested, even though I'm really behind Obama. This debate showed that each of the candidates have policies that are stronger in some areas than others and are therefore more convincing- McCain with foreign policy and Obama with the financial crisis. Overall the debate convinced me that they are equally qualified and equally as strong. I actually thought that McCain seemed more together than Obama and was a better speaker in this debate. I can understand why this election is still so close.

No comments: