Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Obama!

Oh. My. God.
It's for real. This is amazing and truely revolutionary. I feel like everything is going to start off fresh again.
My mom kept talking about how when she was a little kid segregation was still a key concern, and how far we've come as a country. I can't believe it.
Also, Obama is such a great speaker, and it's going to be such a change to listen to a president that can put emphasis on all the right words and really gets to the heart of the country's problems. I thought Obama's speech was very powerful, although he exaggerated many 'harsh' conditions that people went through to help him win. They did perform admirably, but I thought some of what he said was a little too poetic. It really doesn't matter at all though.
I also thought McCain's speech was very good. You could tell he had been crying, and I think that made it a little better, even. He has very good speech writers, but it seemed mostly heart-felt coming from his mouth. I also generally have a very soft side and can't stand seeing people lose. I always feel bad for them. So I'm glad he won Arizona, if very little else.

But most of all I'm so excited for what's going to happen now, and I'm so excited for all of the people who worked so hard to help him get there (despite what my previous blog may have said.). It all paid off and I really really admire them. It happened. It's real.

No comments: