Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration

The inaguration today was really cool. It was the first one I had seen. The crowds of people there were massive and amazing. I think somebody said like 3 million people? The glass around the podium was really thick and impressive although it didn't even cover their heads.
Obama's speech was very heavy and I thought he was promising the country and the world a lot in it. He has been put on a very high pedestal since the election and I think people are expecting him to save the world. I know his election is definitely a positive thing for the country but I'm sure it will take a while for the effects to be seen and I believe people are expecting pretty much instant gratification. He's kind of like a god to some people. I know he'll have power and I know he has ambition that will help him stay strong but I'm kind of expecting him to fall flat in the first few months - at least in peoples' eyes.
Anything and everything in politics takes time but I don't think people are thinking about that and I think Obama might have forgotten just how long things can take by the aspirations he mentioned in his speech.
It was very empowering though.

No comments: